Crista Johnson MD
Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Specialty: General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education: Cornell University College of Medicine, New York, NY
Residency: George Washington University Med Ctr, Washington DC
Fellowship: David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Board Certification: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards & Recognition: 2019 Honoree, Arizona State University (ASU) Committee for Campus Inclusion (CCI) 2019 Catalyst Award – for inspiring and igniting transformation and inclusion at ASU and beyond
- Cottler-Casanova S, Horowitz M, Gieszl S, Johnson-Agbakwu C, Abdulcadir J. Coding Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting and its complications using the International Classification of Diseases: a proposal. BJOG. Accepted and in press
- Sharif Mohamed F, Wild V, Earp BD, Johnson-Agbawku C, Abdulcadir J. Clitoral Reconstruction after FGM/C. Medical Synthesis and Ethical Debate. J Sexual Medicine. 2020
- Fox K, Johnson-Agbakwu C. Crime Victimization, Health, and Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting among Somali Women and Teenage Girls, United States, 2017. Am J Public Health 2019. p. e1-e7.
- Young J, Rodrigues KK, Imam B, Johnson-Agbakwu C. Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting –Pediatric Physician Knowledge, Training, and General Practice Approach. Immigrant Minority Health. 2019
- The Brussels Collaboration on Bodily Integrity. (authors listed in alphabetical order for which Johnson-Agbakwu C is among the co-authors). Medically Unnecessary Genital Cutting and the Rights of the Child: Moving Toward Consensus. Editorial, Amer J Bioethics, 2019:10, 17-28.
- Njie-Carr VPS, Sabri B, Messing J, Ward A, Johnson-Agbakwu CE, McKinley C, Campion N, Childress S, Arscott J, Campbell J. Methodological and Ethical Considerations in Research with Immigrant and Refugee Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence. Interpersonal Violence 2019: 1-19.
- Agbemenu K, Banke-Thomas A, Ely G, Johnson-Agbakwu C. Avoiding Obstetrical Interventions among US-based Somali Migrant Women: A Qualitative Study. Ethnicity and Health, 2019.
- Lane L, Johnson-Agbakwu CE, Warren N, Budhathoki C, Cole EC. A Cross-Sectional Survey of Female Genital Cutting Clinical Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practice. Immigrant Minority Health. 2019, 21(5): 954-964.
- Banke-Thomas A, Agbemenu K, Johnson-Agbakwu C. Factors Associated with Access to Maternal and Reproductive Health Care among Somali Refugee Women Resettled in Ohio, United States: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Journal Immigrant Minority Health, 2019, 21(5): 946-953.