Christina Ferraro MD
Section Chief Breast Imaging
Specialty: Mammography and Women's Imaging
Academic Affiliations: Creighton University, School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
Location(s): Valleywise Health Medical Center
Education: Creighton University, School of Medicine, Omaha, NE
Internship: St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
Residency: St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
Board Certification: Arizona Medical License
Awards & Recognition:
- Rutherford Lavanty Fellowship recipient, American College of Radiology 2014-2015 • Week long fellowship in Washington, DC in Government Relations, completed March 2015. Lobbied on behalf of Radiology and attended fundraising and advocacy efforts on behalf of RADPAC.
- Beirne Scholarship recipient, Creighton University
- Trustee Scholarship recipient, Gonzaga University
- Patel, B., Ferraro, C. et al. Value Added of Preoperative Contrast Enhanced Digital Mammography in Patients with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma. Clin Breast Cancer. 2018 Dec;18(6):e1339-e1345. doi: 10.1016/j.clbc.2018.07.012. Epub 2018 Jul 17.
- Patel, B., Ferraro, C. et al. Nipple Discharge: Imaging Variability amongst U.S. Radiologists. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018 Oct;211(4):920-925. doi: 10.2214/AJR.18.19622. Epub 2018 Aug 14.
- Johnson, C., Ferraro, C, Richardson, R, et al. (2014, April). 3D Printing of Reconstructed Cardiac CTA models to aid in pre-operative assessment of implanted bioprosthetic valve size before Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR). • Abstract accepted to 2014 RSNA Annual meeting • Abstract submitted to the 2015 Academic Excellence Day, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Ferraro, C., Richardson, R. Malignant Single-Origin Coronary Arteries Arising From a Left Coronary Sinus. Pediatric Cardiology, June 2012, Volume 33, Issue 5, pp 818-819.